What a great event!!! We heard from some really inspirational speakers, learned so much from our Community Partners, & had a lot of fun! Here’s a quick recap:
- Jax Frey told us about starting Women of Infinite Possibilities 10 years ago – Women want to be in THAT group!
- Joey Roberts shared his story and his back-story to Humpty Dumpty – look for it on a TED talk at some point…
- Nobel-Bates Young highlighted the wonderful new baseball field and basketball program that Miracle League Northshore, one of our Community Partners, has for special needs children in our area.
- Marlaine Peachey explained how she has managed to do so much with God’s support. Check her Abundant Tours and new book – “Sharing Your Love Story”
- Lisa McKenzie outlined why she founded You Night (another Community Partner) and how it has impacted so many women cancer survivors. Their annual event is October 24th – Tickets are on sale now! And then – Chico’s sponsored a fashion show with some of the You Night ladies!
- Eileen Lambertson entertained us with her voice and a great selection of oldies.
- Thomas Mitchell, the Executive Director of Hope House, another Community Partner, told of the work that they do with children who have been abused. We all agree that they see way too many children!
- Gina Pausina Cherry shared how she has managed to survive cancer and the loss of her son. If you would like to support the scholarship fund that was created in memory of her son, stop by any Fidelity bank location and ask about the Memorial Scholarship fund for Joseph Michael Cherry.
- Miranda Parker of Hospice Foundation of the South (another Community Partner) explained how their Hospice House in Slidell is supported to provide free hospice care for those in need. Their next big fundraiser is Wine & Dine with Hospice on November 7th, and they can use our help!
- Leslie Cooper entertained us with her story and how she has spearheaded Pass it on NOLA to provide used musical instruments to students in the New Orleans area. Bring your used instruments to our August WIP meeting!!!!
- Cathy Deano shared how Painting with a Twist was born and grew into a franchise with 320+ locations spread across 39 states! The Mandeville location has Women of Infinite Possibilities as their September Painting with a Purpose event!
- Gerard’s Mobile Music kept the music flowing for us all day. He would be great at your next event – email@example.com
And none of it would have happened without our super sponsors and all those who donated to our Raffle.